Background


Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dave's Trip To Switzerland

Dave spent a week in Zurich Switzerland attending a conference for work.  While the week was filled with a lot of work related activities, he did take some pictures on some of the evenings.  Here are a few.
Dave sitting down near Lake Zurich

Swiss Institute of Technology.  This is where Dave's meetings were at.  Albert Einstein went to college here and was later a professor. 

There is a canal through part of the downtown.  It was originally build for defensive purposes. 

Dave at Lake Zurich

A traditional horn blowing band downtown on Friday evening

Cute old bakery.  The sign says it was established in the 1600s. 

The River Limmat that flows through downtown Zurich

One day the sun did come out.  This was taken from the west terrace at the college.  The Alps are visible in the distance

Nice picture of Zurich taken from Linderhof. 

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love Switzerland! And I'm jealous of all the delicious chocolate you're eating right now - I'm sure he brought some home!

Dave and Jeni Taylor said...

Thanks, Rachelle! I am enjoying all the delicious chocolate!! Even the "cheap" chocolate tastes amazing from Europe! I am glad Dave got to go, maybe next time I'll get to tag along!